Pages

9/23/2011

From Farm to Fame- Chapter 11


I'd been feeling sick for a while, and had just been contributing it to all the stress I had been under, but Gaige convinced me to go to the doctors. Even if it was stress something needed to be done about it. I hated going to doctors but I knew Gaige would drag me down there if I didn't go, I wouldn't be able to get out of it. I wasn't at all prepared for what I found out. I was pregnant, with twins.

I didn't know how to tell Gaige, I didn't know how he'd take it. I knew the thought of ever having kids terrified him, he wanted to adopt when the time came, he didn't want me to die like his mom did. I tried to convince him it was because she sick anyway, he couldn't expect every pregnancy to be doomed because she had died, but it was no use. I also knew that he hated the thought that I had ever been with anybody else, and since I didn't know if they were his I worried that he would hate them too.

I guess my worry showed, because Gaige started freaking out as soon as I got home. "What did they tell you Rachelle? You look like they told you're dying or something. You aren't are you? Please don't tell me it's that bad, I can't lose you Rachelle... I can't. I'll never be able to handle that."

He always made things so much more difficult. "I'm not dying or anything... I'm pregnant... with twins."

He looked happy and I was suprised. "That's great Rachelle, just look after yourself. Okay?"

"Well you took that better than I thought, what happened to your theory that pregnancy is just a death wish? and you do realize you might not be the father, right?"

"I guess that thought that we'll have a family is just so great. I'm going to be worried about you the whole time, but having a family is going to be so great. I don't like the thought that I might not be the father, but I'm still going to love them and you." I was relieved that he had taken it so well, and that he'd accept the twins no matter what.

The time flew by and before I knew it the twins were on the way. Gaige had gone back to school, but promised he'd come home to see the babies when they were born, so I called him before leaving for the hospital. He wouldn't be there for the birth, but I was glad he would come down to see us for a couple days. I also called Carlos, it had taken a lot to track him down since I couldn't remember his name at the time.
He'd made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with me or the twins even if they were his, but I figured he should know that they were on the way in case he had changed his mind. He hadn't.

I had one of each, a girl and a boy, Haylie and Ian. Having a boy and a girl was going to be great, and they were the cutest babies I'd ever seen. I couldn't wait for Gaige to arrive, and for us to be together as a family for the first time. I was so happy and loved them so much already that it didn't matter who the father was, though I could tell by looking at them.