Pages

9/15/2011

From Farm to Fame- Chapter 6


Gaige and I worked in the garden together, it was nice to have the help with the increased work, and I couldn't let him do it all himself either. It was awkward at first, but eventually the awkwardness disappeared. We talked about anything and everything, and the time just flew by. I was going to miss him when he had to go back to his university, the help was great, but the conversation was even better. He was my first friend around my age in Bridgeport, and one of very few in my life so far.

I was beginning to hope that one day we would be more than just friends, but I still suspected that he didn't. He just wanted to make me feel better, break the tension, after catching me in my towel. So, it came as a surprised when he asked me to the club with him. It was one of the fancier clubs in Bridgeport, The Prosper Room. You had to be a celebrity to get it, but Gaige insisted that he knew the bouncer and he'd let us in. I certainly wasn't going to say no,  but I had to scramble to find something nice to wear. I ended up buying a new dress, because I had hardly any clothes that were suitable to be worn outside the garden.

The way that Gaige smiled as he told me how beautiful I looked made me feel amazing, but scared at the same time. It was a new experience for me. After a couple drinks at the club, Gaige convinced me to dance with him. I was a horrible dancer,  and I felt like a fool, but Gaige insisted I looked cute dancing.  I didn't believe him at all, but those lies always make girls feel good, it made me feel good.

Gaige just used cheesy over-used pick-up lines all evening, I knew he was goofing around but I played along. I laughed and told how bad he was at flirting, and that was coming from the socially awkward farm girl! He winked and told me his kissing would make up for it, and without even thinking I dared him to prove it. I felt like an idiot, he was just goofing around, and I was probably going overboard. I went to hide my face in my hands, but he grabbed them and pulled me in. He definitely wasn't lying, it was flawless, it was the most incredible moment of my life.

I was really going to miss him when he went back to university, which was the next day. I just clung to him, I didn't want to let him go, or even think about him going.  I had to fall in love with him at the worst possible time.