Pages

9/22/2011

From Farm to Fame- Chapter 9


I don't remember anything between storming out on Gaige, and waking up the following day beside some guy that I didn't know. I didn't know where I was or how I'd gotten there, but what had happened there was obvious. Gaige was right about me being stupid at least. I'd messed everything up, it was unclear where our relationship stood, but I was in the bed of another man. Wherever it stood, it would definitely be over when he found out.

I tried to get out of the bed without waking him up, I just wanted to gather up my clothes and get out of there. Maybe I could forget it ever even happened. I heard him groan before speaking "You're an early riser. You aren't leaving are you?"

"Look I have a fiance, or I had a fiance, I don't really know. I do know that I love him, and being here is a mistake either way. I'm sorry but I have to go."

"Ah yes, I think I heard plenty about him last night. You seemed pretty mad though, something about how he's the stupid self-centered one. I don't really know what happened but he sounds like a jerk, I don't know why you care about him."

"He's not usually like that. He's really very sweet, he's just upset right now. His grandmother died, she was his only family. I'm upset too, she was my friend... she did a lot for me, which is why I was so hurt by what he said. I'm still mad, but I love him enough to try and work it out." I didn't leave him a chance to respond, I just left, this could go on all day otherwise.

I pulled out my phone once I got into the hall, I wanted to call Gaige. I didn't know what I would tell him, but I couldn't keep wondering where we stood. It wasn't fair for either of us to be lead on one way or the other. My voice mail inbox was full, Gaige had been trying to call me. I didn't bother listening to any of the messages, I just called him, it would be easier.

I didn't even get the chance to say hello "Rachelle, You called, I thought you were ignoring me. I'm so sorry, please just come home."

I didn't want to tell him, but I had to do so now, before I went all the way to be yelled at. He could yell over the phone and it could be over with a lot sooner. "Gaige... I'm standing outside another guys apartment right now. I swear I don't even remember ending up here, and I just want to be with you. I'm really sorry."

It took him several minutes to respond, and I felt sick the whole time. I dreaded what he would say, and the silence only made it harder. "Just come home, we can talk when you get here" I couldn't tell if he was angry or what, but my stomach felt even worse.