Pages

11/05/2011

From Farm to Fame- Chapter 21


I found it easier to distract myself over the summer, with Gaige at home during the day again, the babies, and remodling the half-destroyed kichen... I didn't have much time to think about Carlos, and I hadn't seen the hooded figure in a few weeks. It was nice to not worry about any of it for a while.

I never even thought any better about answering the door, which I was something I hadn't done since Carlos showed up at the house in Bridgeport. I regretted it when I opened it to see the hooded figure.

"I wasn't imagining things after all, what the hell do you want?"

I was surprised when a female voice spoke, I had assumed it was carlos. "That's not a very polite way to speak to somebody. It would be polite to offer me to come in."

"Why don't you take off your hood, and tell me who you are first?"

"I would rather not remove my hood right now. I am Traci Davila."

The name sounded very familiar, it took me a minute to figure out why. "Oh my god. You're one of those girls... one of the ones that went missing...everybody thinks Carlos killed you."

"He did."

"But you're talking to me and standing on my porch.... you can't be dead."

"I am a vampire, Carlos killed me and it is what I became."

"Right.... sure.... and I thought I had gone crazy."

"It is true, please let me come in. I will prove it to you, but I promise I will not hurt you. It is Carlos that I want to hurt."

"You should have just started with that."

"Does that mean I can come in. You have to tell me I can come in."

"Yes, you may come in." I still didn't believe she was a vampire but figured I'd play along.

"Thank-you."

I let her in and took her coat. She definitely didn't look human, her eyes and skin glowed like the vampires in the stories my brother told me when I was little. I had never imagined they could be true, I just hoped that vampires could be nice unlike the ones in my brothers stories. I was glad Gaige was distracted by whatever he was doing on the computer though, as he would have been freaking out.

"So... I wasn't imagining things... I have been seeing you around."

"Yes, I have been following you. I'm sorry, I know it put a great deal of stress on you. I just can't track down Carlos, and I am sure that he will be chasing you down again eventually. He's laying low somewhere for a while, but he'll be back. I don't want to miss the moment he returns. I want my revenge. I want him to die. I have not been able to figure out how I will kill him without being seen. I do not want anybody to see me like this. This is a small town, people remember me as a human, a young and innocent girl, I do not want to taint that memory with the reality of what I am. Everybody has suffered enough with all of this, I do not want to give them another reason not to trust anybody." She stopped talking.

I gave her a minute to continue but she didn't, and I wondered if I had missed something. "and...."

"Sorry, I was just figuring out how to say the rest. I need your help, I can't let anybody else see me...but I want to make sure Carlos does. When he's dying I want him to know that it is because I wanted my revenge, he didn't get away with killing me that easily."

"I think I know where this is going, and I am sorry but I can't help you. I can't take the chance that something will happen. I care what happens to my family, and if any of them get caught in the middle and get hurt, I will never be able to forgive myself. My husband would never allow it anyway, it's slightly amazing he hasn't come to kick you out yet honestly."

"I just need you to tell him to go somewhere... I believe you have a cellphone, and on it you have his cellphone number. You just need to text him... tell him you will meet him somewhere, you do not want your husband to find you but you have realized you love him after all. He'll fall for it."

I'd forgotten i'd ever put his number on my phone, I had many contacts I never called and couldn't be bothered to delete. I agreed to help her, as it wouldn't put my family in anymore danger. I'd just assumed that I would need to let him in my home, I was not expecting something so simple.

It wasn't long before he replied... "He want's to know when.... he says he can be there in an hour."

"An hour works for me." She was gone faster than I could blink, I just heard the door slamming shut behind her.

I did feel a bit of guilt for my role in her plan, if it worked I had just aided in the murder of another human. Of course Carlos deserved to die for what he did, and I wouldn't have to live fear any more... but I still could shake the feeling of guilt. I also knew that if something went wrong and Traci couldn't kill him I would be in more danger than ever before. He would be after revenge, and I already knew what he was capable of when he was only after pleasure.